The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and VSA arts present
Based on the children’s book by Marlee Matlin and Doug Cooney
"A NEARLY PERFECT MUSICAL!
Youthful gusto and a generous heart. Outstanding production values and top-notch cast.
An infectious score... three-and-a-half stars!"
- The Washington Times Read the full review
"PRE-ADOLESCENT ANGST, WITH HARMONY...
Nobody's Perfect delights with comic numbers and an excellent young cast.
The songs are not only catchy but also infectiously performed. Bright 'n' lively!"
- The Washington Post Read the full review
Fourth grade is not easy and after spending a year planning her "positively purple" birthday party, Megan finds herself at odds with new student Alexis. To Megan, Alexis has it all: beauty, brains, and athletics--she's practically perfect in every way. Though Megan tries to be nice to her, Alexis is anything but friendly, making Megan wonder, "Does she not like me because I'm deaf?" When they're forced to collaborate on a science project, Megan discovers Alexis's secret. Based on the children's book by Academy Award winner Marlee Matlin (Best Actress, Children of a Lesser God) and Doug Cooney, this touching new musical--simultaneously performed in spoken English and American Sign Language--with Open Captions, is a poignant reminder that despite first impressions, nobody's perfect. For ages 9 and up.
For a behind the scenes tour and interviews with the cast and director in ASL or English with captioning visit: http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/nobodysperfect/
Please support this performance by purchasing tickets and enjoying the show when it comes to your town!
· March 2-4 - Las Vegas, NV - Gilbert Magnet School
· March 9 - Cerritos, CA - Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, www.cerritoscenter.com/index.aspx
· March 16 - La Crosse, WI - Fine Arts Center, Viterbo University, www.viterbo.edu/finearts1.aspx
· March 19 - Lincoln, NE - Lied Center for Performing Arts, www.liedcenter.org
· March 22 - Springfield, IL - Sangamon Auditorium, www.uis.edu/sangamonauditorium
· March 25 - Paducah, KY - Carson Four Rivers Center, www.thecarsoncenter.org
· March 30 - Des Moines, IA - Civic Center of Greater Des Moines, www.civiccenter.org
· April 1 - Junction City, KS - C.L. Hoover Opera House, www.jcoperahouse.org
· April 7 - Memphis, TN - The Orpheum Theatre, www.orpheum-memphis.com
· April 12 - Elyria, OH - Stocker Arts Center – Lorain County CC, www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center
· April 13 - Sylvania, OH - Franciscan Center, www.franciscancenter.org
· April 16 - Greenville, NC - East Carolina University, www.ecu.edu/cs-studentlife/mendenhall/wrightauditorium
· April 19 - Spartanburg, SC - Chapman Cultural Center, www.chapmanculturalcenter.org/index.php
· April 22 - Orange Park, FL - Thrasher Horne Center, http://thcenter.org
· April 23 - Punta Gorda, FL - Charlotte Performing Arts Center
· April 26-27 - West Palm Beach, FL - Kravis Center for Performing Arts, www.kravis.org/index.cfm
· May 3 - Pembroke, NC - Givens Performing Arts Center, www.uncp.edu/gpac/
· May 7-8- New York, NY - Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts @ New York University, www.skirballcenter.nyu.edu
· May 11 - Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Center, www.brooklyncenter.com
· · May 12 - Flushing, NY - Queens College, http://kupferbergcenter.org
· · May 13 - Buffalo, NY - Shea’s Performing Arts Center, www.sheas.org